It’s easy , no? Hint: These links are not advertisements and are extremely helpful. Let me breakdown the obvious steps for you:
- Discover what ITIL is.
- Read the yellow book.
- Choose and procure an ITIL compliant service desk product.
- Install this product and begin configuring.
- Find yourself overwhelmed.
- Read ITIL Lite.
- Decide to implement Incident and Change.
- Take the ITIL Foundation course online and pass the exam.
- Form a committee to govern Service Desk software configuration and guidance.
- Make folks wonder why you are no longer calling it the Help Desk.
- Decide to implement Incident, Problem Management, and Change.
- Bring Pink Elephant on-site and have half your IT staff trained and certified.
- Read Foundations of IT Service Management.
- Read Service Management for Dummies.
- Decide to implement Incident, Service Request, Problem Management, and Change.
- Realize you need a minimal business facing Service Catalog.
- Buy a book on Service Catalogs.
- Build this Catalog.
- Wrap in a formalized service transition document for good measure.
Post a Comment